Sunday, July 6, 2008

Forced Bloggery

It has been far too long since I've actually written anything that resembles a blog entry. I'd say it's due to the fact that I've been really busy, but because I work a job where I'm sitting in front of a computer 100% of the time, I really have no excuse.

The honest truth is this: I've been so overwhelmed with ideas, poverty, school and visitors this summer, I haven't really been able to organize any thoughts or projects (hence, no bloggery).

I'm still in the process of getting my act together, so I guess I'm just going to make this particular blog an update of things to come in the near/distant future. It may seem unnecessary, and quite possibly very boring, but I have to do it since it's a cyber faux pas to leave a blog untouched for longer than a month (at least that's what the frightening INterWebGnomes told me at shiv-point).

***OBLIGATORY BLOGGER UPDATE***

I. Animations

I currently have two animations in the works. One is a stop motion animation that involves nesting dolls and a nursery rhyme about an old lady with an eating disorder (I'm actually getting credits for this). The other is going to be a flash animation involving emoticons. Hoorah.

II. Websites

Oh man. It's been a long time coming, but I am almost finished designing what I hope will soon become www.shaynahawkins.com; a website to showcase my most recent artwork. I will also be creating www.shay-town.com to harbor my beloved comics.

I figure that if I actually have a good site to display my art, maybe I'll finally start being productive again. I also hope the shay-town site will light a fire under my cushy tooshy and get me to produce at least one comic a week.

III. Tom Bloggery

Okay. So I know only a select few actually read my blog (Jess...and my dog Assiqtaq [I read it to her to help her fall asleep]), but I will be updating more frequently nonetheless.

Future blogs to look forward to:

-The long awaited "Sasquatch Music Festival" blog.
-The "OMFG! My Boyfriend Visited for TWO WEEKS" blog.
-The "Megan's Return" blog.
and finally
-The "Why Everyone Should Shower Me With Food: An Artist's Search for Work" blog.

Titles are tentative and subject to change to bacon related headlines.


*This is what a happy Shay looks like* - photo by Jess

No comments:

She Sings Sub Rosa © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Shayna | Design by Shayna